JOINING // NEVADA
Please review the requirements and process on this page. If this seems like something you would like to do, then complete the steps below.
1. To get started in our agent selection and hiring process, please fill out our HRS online application. You will hear back from us on if you qualify, or with questions about your application. When you get the go-ahead, move on to the next steps below.
2. Go to the website for the State of Nevada Private Investigators Licensing Board (PILB) and follow the instructions there to get your “work card”. (This is the NV equivalent of the “guard card” in CA.)
3. Print out the Work Card Application & Exam. Complete this application form, and take the exam, filling out your answers on the Exam Answer Sheet. Here is a study guide.
4. Get a 2x2 inch color passport photo. (No hats or sunglasses allowed; photo must conform to all rules which apply to passport photos.) Note: most fingerprint places can take passport photos at their location.
5. Make a photocopy of two forms of accepted ID (see website for further details on acceptable forms of ID).
6. Get your fingerprints taken for your background check. (If you are in the state of NV, you can do this electronically via LiveScan. If you are out of state, you must get your fingerprints done in ink on an FBI-approved fingerprint card (FD-258 card) and physically mail that card into the PILB. (If you get a Livescan, be sure that the operator fills out the ATI# on your paperwork.)
*NOTE: Even if you have done your fingerprints recently and have them on file with some other agency, you need to get fingerprints done again specifically for your NV Work Card.
7. Submit all of the above via US Postal Service (include Work Card Application, completed Exam Answer Sheet, 2x2 inch color photo, photocopy of your IDs, fingerprint card) along with $85 check or money order to:
Attn: PILB Work Card
3110 S. Durango Dr., Suite #203
Las Vegas, NV 89117
8. Complete your hiring paperwork:
We will send you an email with the hiring paperwork and requested info. (It may take 4 to 6 weeks for your application to process.) Once cleared, you must provide High Rock Security with a copy of your NV Work Card or a screenshot of the PILB page indicating your status before you start work.
9. The final step - High Rock Security will train you in our protocols, methods, and expectations. Attend a “High Rock Way” orientation, and you will work with an experienced High Rock agent during your first shift.
YOUR UP-FRONT COST:
The APPROXIMATE COST to obtain your guard card (prices may change or vary):
~$20 fee charged at the fingerprint location (prices vary, and some sheriff’s offices do this at no charge.)
$85 NV Work Card Application Fee (or $129 for an “expedited” application).
Total cost= ~ $105 (or $149 for an expedited application
OUR EVENTS CALENDAR: HRS Events